Trusted Mission Solutions is a growing Small Business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Alpha Omega Integration, which has been named a Virginia Business Best Places to work for 2012-18 with recognition such as the Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50, and the Vanguard Top Service Company Award.
We are actively seeking a Project Manager to join our current team on a 5-year active project supporting the Department of State. The TMS team is responsible for Software Development, maintenance and operations of the systems in scope for this contract. The Project Manager will manage and administer all efforts undertaken as part of this contract, including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Identify tasks, assignments, deliverables, and milestones and follow through to completion.
- Provide governance support including providing recommendations and overseeing the adoption and implementing industry standards like CMMI Level 5, Agile Scrum, DevSecOps, and ITIL.
- Work with the Product Owner and Scrum Master to develop Product and Sprint plans and report in line with Agile delivery approaches.
- Oversee stakeholder communication and outreach efforts to include the business Front Office, Office of Information Technology, and external agencies.
- Support the user groups by developing and providing periodic trainings.
- Be the primary point of contact for the coordination between the Contractor, the Product Owner, as well as the Contract Officer Representative (COR).
- Coordinate with the Contracting organization's Program Office to enable timely problem resolution.
- Properly aligning staffing requirements.
- Manage a team comprising of Architect, DBA, Systems Administrator, Developers, Business Analysts, and HelpDesk support, to perform annual reviews
- Optimize project performance, track project financials, and ensure customer, employee, and customer objectives are met.
Mandatory Work Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Scrum Master preferred
- CMMI and project management training preferred
- Project Management/Professional certification preferred
- At least 10 years of project management experience managing IT facilities operations and full lifecycle software development and maintenance for Federal Systems
- Demonstrated experience and abilities developing and implementing project work plans, schedules, and procedures for complex projects with firm budget and time constraints
- Experience managing software development using the Agile methodology. Experience running daily scrums.
- Demonstrated experience and abilities organizing and managing employees to meet established deadlines and achieve specific goals, including quality control standards
- Excellent ability to communicate orally and in writing with all levels of management, with a diverse workforce, and with customers
- Demonstrated experience implementing ISO and CMMI quality processes and procedures
- Flexible and highly motivated with an excellent ability to establish relationships with and influence complex networks of others
- Solid experience and knowledge of version and project management software ( i.e. Team Foundation Server, SVN, etc.)