Position: ETL Developer/Database Analyst
Location: McLean, VA
Salary: Depending on Experience
Duration: Long Term
Trusted Mission Solutions is a growing Small Business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Alpha Omega Integration, which has been named a Virginia Business Best Places to work for 2012-18 with recognitions such as the Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50, and the Vanguard Top Service Company Award.
We are actively seeking an ETL Developer/Database Analyst to support our growing Capital Planning Investment Control (CPIC) team on a 5-year active project supporting a Federal agency. The TMS team is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting on information on IT activities and performance, ensuring the effective use of resources and management of risks. The team currently supports Oracle Primavera tool iMatrix for its CPIC activities, and planning is in progress to migrate to a more effective tool that will fully support the agency’s needs as well as provide the ability to harvest the data for better analytics. The ETL Developer/Database Analyst will undertake outreach and analytical tasks as part of this contract, including but not limited to the following:
The candidate will have an advanced understanding of ETL tools (Pentaho, Informatica, MSFT SSIS, Oracle GoldenGate, Talend, etc.), with data ingestion, data discovery & analysis, data cleansing, data transformation, data modelling, and data visualization.
This candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new cutting edge technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast paced environment. The ETL Developer will provide architecture, design, and implementation expertise.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Architect, design, develop, implement, and maintain code to support data processing
- data ingestion of raw data or capture of streaming data
- evaluate data quality, transform raw data, and cleanse data
- transform into data model for external consumption by reporting & self-service BI
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Architect, design (including data model), develop, implement, and maintain code for ETL Transformation
- Analyze and develop designs for enterprise systems to meet business requirements
- Expertise in one or more of these areas: data security, data storage, data ingestion, data streaming, data processing, data analysis & exploration, data quality, data visualization (using reporting & business intelligence), business process management/business rules processing, data exchange, or data modeling.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to analyze business requirements, develop data model & data capture strategy, and develop technical design specifications
- Lead or perform proof-of-concept initiatives in new technologies
Kindly email me your updated resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Overall 4+ years IT experience with minimum of 3+ years into developing data warehousing applications, including ETL architectures and tools (Pentaho, MSFT SSIS, Oracle GoldenGate, Talend, Informatica, etc), leveraging multiple sources (Oracle databases primarily)
- Deep understanding of SQL, database designs and implementation strategies, leveraging Oracle as a data warehouse.
- Oracle Primavera or iMatrix experience a plus.
- Experience in information management, data warehousing and analytics technologies is required.
- Ability to communicate and translate business needs into solutions; to communicate orally and in writing; to communicate effectively with developers, DBAs, information security, business analysts, project managers and different business areas; to provide training on new testing techniques and solving problems; and to establish and maintain an efficient delivery environment.
- US Citizen
- Active or Interim Secret clearance