Trusted Mission Solutions is a growing Small Business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Alpha Omega Integration, which has been named a Virginia Business Best Places to work for 2012-18 with recognition's such as the Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50, and the Vanguard Top Service Company Award.
Position: Process Improvement Specialist:
Location: Washington, DC
Salary: Depending on Experience
Duration: Long Term
We are actively seeking a Process Improvement Specialist to support our growing Capital Planning Investment Control (CPIC) team on a 5-year active project supporting a Federal agency. The TMS team is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting on information on IT activities and performance, ensuring the effective use of resources and management of risks. The team currently supports the entire capital planning activities for the agency and is currently focusing on expanding the activities to better serve the needs of the agency. The Process Improvement Specialist will undertake outreach and analytical tasks as part of this contract, including but not limited to the following:
Duties and responsibilities:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Understands and conducts analysis of existing workflow processes, methods, and protocols to find areas for improvement in efficiency or outcomes
- Apply process improvement and re-engineering methodologies and principles to assist in process modernization and improvement projects.
- Establish performance measures, monitoring and analyzing performance metrics to identify and implement performance based improvements.
- Leads requirements modeling activities with Functional SMEs and stakeholders.
- Suggests and helps adoption of industry best practices to the agencies processes
- Follows implemented changes to document the impact of suggested improvements on the existing process and analyzes and documents the outcomes.
- Develop/update documents that describe how the business process will be used operationally throughout the agency.
- Schedule and facilitate workshops to identify gaps between “As-Is” and proposed processes. Document the functional features, business rules, logic, and data collection tools/techniques required to support the “To-Be” business processes.
- Develop the “To-Be” business process and gain stakeholder and process owner concurrence.
- Update system architecture and audit readiness documentation based on new processes.
- Modify existing training materials to reflect new business processes
Kindly email me your updated resume at email@example.com
- Three years specialized experience in progressively responsible positions encompassing work which required the analysis, evaluation, development, and improvement of systems and procedures
- At least two years of hands-on experience in conducting gap analysis between current and future state of business operating environments.
- Strong consultative and collaboration skills, must be able to work across a diverse technology driven environment;
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office Suite tools to create process flow drawings, presentations, organizational charts, reports, spreadsheets, and other technical and non-technical documentation in a succinct and timely manner. Advanced skills in Excel to develop models (e.g., forecasting, cost estimation, weighted decision) that facilitate strategic decision-making is a plus.
- FITARA, Capital Planning (CPIC) experience a plus.
- US Citizen
- Active or Interim Secret clearance