The Department of State (DoS), Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) Mobile and Remote Access (MRA) Division provides mission critical world-wide mobile device and remote access capabilities. In support of these services, MRA and the Vanguard 2.2.1 Program currently has an opening for a Tier 2 Mobile Systems Administrator (SA) to support MRA mobile and remote access programs – Global OpenNet (GO), BlackBerry, XenMobile, and Enterprise Mobile Desktop (EMD). The dedicated Mobile Systems Administrator will support GO, BlackBerry, XenMobile, EMD to include future mobile and remote access solutions. The Mobile SA is a technical operations and maintenance (O&M) role responsible for the configuration and deployment/issuance of EMD devices, response and resolution of EMD incidents/service requests/request fulfillment, monitoring and maintenance of EMD systems, documentation of standard operating procedures (SOPs), and coordination of troubleshooting/testing activities with mobile and other DoS engineers.
Description of Duties:
- Monitor Remedy queue and Queue Monitor Tool to respond and resolve tickets related to MRA services (e.g., BlackBerry, iPhone/iOS, Android, EMD, GO and/or other Remote Access service issues)
- Configure, test/troubleshoot, deploy, and issue mobile devices to DoS customers
- Document, update, and resolve escalated remedy Service Requests (SR) and Incidents (INC) from Operations; Escalate unresolved SR/INC to Engineers
- Monitor, Track, Analyze, and Respond to mobile system alerts
- Triage mobile/remote system outages and work and coordinate with all support teams to determine root cause
- Coordinate and communicate outages with DoS Enterprise IT Operations Center (ITOC) and provide timely updates to Senior Watch Officer(s)
- Adhere to and follow standard operating procedures (SOP) used to support MRA Services
- Maintain and Update Documentation (e.g., User Guides, SOPs, KBs, and FAQs)
- Ensure MRA Operations Manager / Shift Lead are made aware of potential system problems or customer issues so as not to surprise lead and/or management personnel.
- Ensure all critical or VIP requests or tickets are attended to or resolved promptly and efficiently, documentation on the troubleshooting and resolution efforts are complete, issues are analyzed and followed up with the customers if necessary, and tickets escalated to Engineering Support are well documented and followed up on.
- AA degree in related technical discipline with nine (9) years or more of experience
- Working knowledge of mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, Windows, Blackberry) and Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System (OS) 10 OS and troubleshooting experience related to break/fix events that could occur
- Working knowledge of BMC Remedy.
- Skills to address issues with senior level customers and/or VIPs.
- Self-motivated problem solver possessing effective troubleshooting skills as it relates to IT issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience working directly with customers including VIPs.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables.
- Ability to focus on ticket and monitoring systems for sustained periods.
Certification in relevant IT products/technologies
- Experience with mobile and remote access devices.
- Experience with firewalls a plus.